Not a day passes that I am not completely in awe at my beautiful daughter. Often times I find myself just pausing for a moment to look at Kenzie and I find myself overwhelmed with a spirit of gratitude which often brings tears to my eyes. She is such a miracle in my life. The past fifteen months of my life have been filled with so much more meaning. As a mother I feel a deep responsibility to be an example to my children and I find that because of this loving responsibility I am so much more motivated to do everything I can to improve my talents and work on my weaknesses. I have never felt such a desire to be a better person - especially when I see how much my example wears on MaKenzie. When I am in a short snippy mood Kenzie quickly follows, when I am laughing a giggling she is full of squeels. Just the other day I was playing with her and I had a toy that I kept grabbing from her because she would laugh everytime I snached in out of her hand. Well, now she seems to think that snapping anything out of anyones hand is appropriate whether it be another baby's toy or mommy's scissors. It's crazy how quickly she learns!
MaKenzie is recently learning to walk. She has been taking a few steps here and there for about three or four weeks now, but it hasn't been until this week that she is randomly standing up to just walk around the house. Everytime she stands to walk I can't take my eyes off of her. It is so fun just watching her toddle along with her tongue sticking out in concentration or a big smail on her face as she lunges towards me.
Aunt Virginia is in town this week with her friend Aubrey for their senior trip. She seems to be doing a lot better interacting with her in her own house. (We went out for the actual graduation a few weeks ago and she wouldn't let anyone touch her without some major temper tantrums.) I hope that we can always be close with our families even if they are far away. Garrett and I don't know where we will settle, but having family in town always makes me want to be sure that we are close to family. It's fun to see Kenzie forming an attachment to Viriginia. I love that Ginny and I have become such close friends too. My parents did such a good job at teaching Ginny and I the importance of our relationship as sisters even though we were five years apart. I really hope that I can do the same for our children. I don't know how many times that I got the lecture that my sister is the one friend that I will always have around and how many times I just sat there rolling my eyes wanting to go off and be with my friends. In the end - with the exception of a few friends that I still keep in contact with - my parents were right. Even with those friends that I keep in contact with the relationship that I have with them now isn't the same as the friendship that Ginny and I have. We can talk and laugh about anything without any worries about saying something wrong or offending each other. Even when we do offend each other we are quick to forgive and forget and move on. I really hope our kids will have that with their siblings.
Anyway, all of this typing on our loud old keyboard is waking up Kenzie, so I best be off . . .
No comments:
Post a Comment