Thursday, July 17, 2008

About 4 Weeks Old

There is a baby in my belly that is about four weeks old. Yep, we are expecting baby number two. This experience is already so much different than last time. While we were trying to have a baby when MaKenzie was born we never dreamed it would happen so fast, so we weren't really keeping track of cycles and things. This time around I knew right away to take a pregnancy test and it was positive.

We have been trying for about three months now and due to the irregular patterns of my cycles we have had a few let downs when we took a test when my cycle was three weeks late to have it be negative and begin my period the next day. This time it was positive. :)

It's funny to already be noticing the symptoms at such an early stage. Last time around I just thought I had a little stomach digestion problems and I was close to my period which explained the mood swings. I feel a little bit more in control this time that I know what is going on from the very first step.

I have began feeling a little bit more nauseous each day but I find that it is so much easier this time when I can sit down when I need to and give my body time to recover. Last time I was waking up in the early morning hours everyday during the worst times of the sickness and forcing myself to be on the move for 10 and 11 hour days. Napping with Kenzie and snacking and eating meals with Kenzie has definitely been wonderful.

I am so excited to be a mom again. Being apart of a family is the best thing that has ever happened to me and I'm excited to make our family bigger. The joy that comes from a successful home is far greater than any joy I have ever felt in my life. I truly feel blessed to have a wonderful husband and father who is a righteous priesthood holder in my home and the principles of the gospel to help guide what we should do in our home. I love me life. :)

No comments: