Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Total Bliss

All too often I forget to write about the blissful moments of motherhood. It is quite easy to get caught up in the moments of chaos and temper tantrums only to forget about the good times. Just this afternoon I was presented with a much needed moment of bliss. To begin with, both my girls took a two hour nap at the SAME exact time. While that in and of itself is total bliss, the complete happiness came as I held Jordyn in my lap and Kenzie curled up in my arm and we just sat and sang song after song after song. Kenzie provided the requests, Mommy provided the lyrics, and Jordyn provided the smiles. As I sat and sang with Kenzie and we watched Jordyn giggle and smile, I was completely overwhelmed with gratitude for two healthy beautiful girls. Kenzie may be overemotional to the point of total embarrassment, and Jorydn may wake up and spit up at the most inconvenient times, but when it comes right down to it . . . I wouldn't have my life be any other way.

2 comments:

Christine said...

They are both adorable girls! We had a great time at your house the other day. Its always so nice to get out of the house. I hope you weren't embarassed about Kenzie having a hard time on our account. I have "been there, done that". Really frustrating but totally normal. :)

The Chappell Fam said...

Well, I must say that I WAS embarrassed, but I figure that is only one of a million in the embarrassing moments category of motherhood. I called my mom the next day and told her all about how horrible Kenzie was . . . ugh! Thanks for understanding though, I'm always grateful to hear that I'm not the only one on board. :)