You know, those moments when your two-year-old turns and slaps you in the face when they are on their way to time-out, or when you are on the last fifteen minutes of an airplane flight and the baby is wailing and the toddler is refusing to stay in the seatbelt.
Then there are the times when getting the children dressed seems to take all the energy you can muster. Between the baby wailing bloody murder while you attempt to pull a shirt over her head, and a swift kick to the groin from an overly energized two-year-old, it can feel like torture just getting them dressed.
Kenzie really has a mouth full lately. The "NO, I do it myself!" and the "NO! Go away!" or the "NO! I don't like that!" seems to come from every angle.
It's times like this that I just have to tell myself . . . . just breathe.
Please share your just breathe moments so that I don't fall into the false belief that my children are the only ones who do this to me . . .
3 comments:
It's not just you, TRUST ME! Jack is a kicker and on the way to time out me kicks as hard and he can against my legs. I have the bruises to prove it. It seems like every time-out is a 'just breathe" moment for me...
Its too hard to pinpoint just one but lately it is the incessant whining of the 2 year old and the back talk of the 4 year old that are really getting to me. It is even harder to "just breathe" when you are as tired as I am. I need to nap and be a nicer mom. I just keep telling myself that this too shall pass.
Most recently the 20 minute taxiing on the runway before take-off and since we were moving we HAD to have our seat belts on, and since Lincoln is just under 2yrs. old he could no longer sit in the extra seat he so proudly buckled himself into, he had to sit on my lap. So needless to say those 20 mins. plus the 30 mins. before the "seat belt" sign turned off was torture, also the flight attendants chiming in every moment he started to slide halfway off of my lap got old REALLY fast- Never sit in the front row thinking lots of leg room will be nice with a toddler... NOT worth it!
Post a Comment