I must admit that I was a little bit embarrassed to see that the little number next to "The Frustrations" currently DOUBLES the number next the "The Joys".
Suddenly I found myself feeling guilty. My thought process was something like, "Geesh, some mom you are to be noticing all these negative things about mothering instead of constantly celebrating the good!"
Then my thought jumped to a thought from President Gordon B. Hinckley. He taught that life is like a journey on a train ride. There are only bits and pieces of the journey where the breathtaking scenery bursts into your view. (I tried to find the exact quote to no avail, so that little paraphrase will have to do; along with a little hope that I am giving credit where credit it due).
So, rather than wallow in wonderment as to whether or not I am a negative person who is not appreciating motherhood for all its glorious moments, I am going to go with the thought that motherhood is just like that train ride - every now and then something absolutely joyful bursts into view that makes you remember that you are doing a sacred and wonderful work.
1 comment:
Love this, thanks for sharing it! and love the quote even if it is a paraphrase. Hope I can find it. And you are seriously an awesome Momma!!! And so off subject, but wondered if you've read "These is my words" I think you'll love it!
Post a Comment