There is church time, feeding baby time, cleaning baby time, cleaning house time, management duties time, daddy and mommy time, dressing baby time, changing baby time, playing with baby time, cooking time, grocery shopping time, and the list goes on and on and on. Homemaking is a busy twenty-four hour a day job and I am finally getting better at including something very important in my busy schedule: me time.
This week I have set a special goal for myself to take at least thirty minutes out of the day to do WHATEVER I want while MaKenzie is napping. Usually nap time tends to be a time when I am rushing around the house like a chicken with my head cut off trying to get as many things done without waking up the baby (which is difficult to do for someone like me who gets really clumsy and forgetful when I'm stressed and tends to run into walls and drop things which wakes up the baby).
I have to testify to the fact that me time is a definate must for my sanity. I have noticed that I am so much more full of energy when I have taken that time for me to take a long bath, read a book, waste my time on the internet or whatever else I darn well please. I'm happier when Garrett gets home, I'm more excited to get MaKenzie out of her crib and take care of her after she is finished napping, and I'm less stressed. Many moms have probably already figured out this trick and I can now say that it works wonders!
3 comments:
Steph! I really like your new blog! As I am a new mother, I am sure your advice and tips will come in handy or just knowing that someone else is going through the goods and bads can really help! You seem to be doing a fantastic job raising your daughter! She is lucky to have you!
Hello Stephanie! I found your blog through Jessica's. Aren't blogs fun?
Stephanie, that is awesome that you are doing so great with 30 minutes. I need HOURS. I must just be super selfish! I usually work during Laura's first nap and play during her second...but it is looking like I'll need to find a new plan since we've had a few skipped morning naps!
But, I definitely agree about mommy time being absolutely necessary!
Post a Comment