I know I have not completely made it through the toddler stage yet, but I have still have a lot to love about it:
1. Like I said in the picture, she is always discovering something with a big smile.
2. The most simple things are just so fascinating to a toddler. In fact, this gal is the reason why I entitled our family blog "The Simple Things". She is always teaching me that there is so much happiness to have from the simple things in life. For example, these are some of the simple things that give her so much pleasure: getting tickled by daddy, reading a book with mommy, emptying a drawer ten times in a row, or letting sand fall through her fingers. Can we learn a lesson from that or what? Life is full of happiness if we just stop and enjoy what's right in front of us rather than constantly seeking for something ahead of us.
3. The belly laugh. Oh the silly things we will do to make a toddler laugh!
4. The squeal of excitement for a friend who has come to visit or for daddy when he walks through the door at the end of the day.
5. The baby babble. I LOVE the baby babble. They really ARE saying something and I know she understands almost everything I am saying. I am excited for the day that she can communicate with me better, but the baby babble is so much fun.
6. Have you ever noticed that they can do the same thing over and over and over again and not loose interest?
7. My favorite thing to date about toddlers is how much they love their mommies and daddies. When MaKenzie was a newborn anyone could hold her and care for her, but now it is mommy and daddy who she runs to when she is hurt and mommy and daddy are the only ones she will snuggle with (only when she is in the mood of course, which is usually only when she is really tired or sick - but hey, I will take what I can get!) and of course, mommy and daddy were among the first words she learned! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment