Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Learning Quickly

Sometimes I just don't give Kenzie enough credit for the things that she is capable of doing. I tend to think that she isn't quite old enough to understand how certain things work, and I often do things for her that she is perfectly capable of doing on her own. Tonight she taught me once again that she is getting older and able to do things for herself. Garrett asked Kenzie to say our family prayer tonight and Kenzie asked me to help her. Rather than having her repeat things exactly as I said, tonight I asked her questions.

This is what she was grateful for tonight:
1. yummy cookies
2. food
3. Jordyn
4. Mommy and Daddy
5. Grandma, Grandpa, and Ginny
6. friends - specifically Sarah and Kamri

These are the blessings she asked for tonight:
1. that we can go outside and play
2. please bless the food
3. sleep okay
4. that we can go outside and play

I was almost in tears while I listened to her. I can't believe how fast this little girl is growing up!

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

how adorable!

voeksb said...

There is nothing more important than a child's prayer.