Tuesday, December 29, 2009

P-I-E

Garrett and I have gotten into the age-old resource of spelling out items that we don't want Kenzie to hear us talking about.

A few nights back MaKenzie was sitting in the hall in the usual time-out spot by the front door for some reason unknown to me now. Well, Garrett and I were finishing up dinner and I turned to him and asked if he wanted some "P-I-E". Before Garrett had a chance to respond, we heard Kenzie from the hallway excitedly announcing, "ooooooo, I want some P-I-E!"

The best part is that she no longer calls pie by its name, but she always spells it out.

2 comments:

Christine said...

Uh oh. Sounds like its time to bust out the pig latin.

Ang said...

If she watches word world on PBS I bet that's where she learned that one! I know Jack knows it! What a riot.