
Kenzie has developed an obsession with "games" lately. Duck, Duck, Goose, and Hide and Seek are a daily request in this house.
She doesn't quite have the entire concept down, but she sure is hilareous to play with. Here is a rendition of "Hide and Sneak" (as she appropriately refers to it).
Me: Alright, I will count to ten while you go and hide, okay?
Kenzie: Alright! I gonna go hide and sneak in the nursery, okay?
Me: Well you're not supposed to tell me silly girl, its a secret.
Kenzie: Okay, here I go, shut your eyes and count.
Me: One, Two, (I hear the nursery doors being slammed open) Three, Four, (I hear the nursery doors slammed shut) Five, Six, (I hear frantic little giggles) Seven, Eight . . .
Kenzie: Mommy, I hiding, come and get me
Me: I'm not done counting yet.
Kenzie: But I'm hiding, so you all done counting
Me: Alright then, ready or not, here I come! Hmmmm . . . I wonder wear Kenzie could be?
Kenzie: I in the nursery mommy
Me: Is she behind the chair? Noooo
Kenzie: Noooo (frantic giggles once again)
Me: Is she under the desk?
Kenzie: No, I in the nursery, I sneaky!
Me: Is she in the bathroom?
Kenzie: Mommy, I told you, I in the nursery! (with a bit of irritation in her tone)
Me: Hmm, lets look in the nursery. (I walk in a see what is pictured above). I wonder if she behind the door?
Kenzie: (Yanks the blanket off) Here I am! How you find me?
Me: I found you!!
Kenzie: I a good hider, you thought I was in the bathroom.
Me: Yup, you sure tricked me!
So, I think my favorite is when it is my turn to hide and her turn to sneak. She only gives me to the count of three (a VERY fast three) and if I do happen to make it to a good hiding place she gets really frustrated. She always expects me to be in the place that she was last hiding in and that just adds to the frustration. Then she starts screaming "Mommy, you supposed to tell me where you are!"
She's got a way to come with her hide and seek skills, but she is totally hilarious nonetheless.
2 comments:
Sounds about like how Brendan plays. It makes me laugh every time.
that is funny Makenzie and I played hide and seek when she was here....she wants me to be in the same place every time.
Post a Comment