Friday, March 12, 2010

Top Five Fridays - The Joy of One

Is anyone else a little bit floored that my baby is already one? It seems like only one year ago that I was desperate enough to try out some castor oil, which led to me coming a little bit too close to having a baby in the hospital parking lot . . .

I want to dedicate this post to five things that makes having a one-year-old a wonderful thing.

1. She is not too old to still cuddle with her mommy. Often throughout the day she'll just speed crawl to me and cuddle her little head into my belly or shoulder. I love it! Before every nap she likes to cuddle on my shoulder and pull at my hair a little bit, and only then is she good to go down. Lately when I get this bit of cuddle I can't help but think that any day now she'll become too interested in the world around her to cuddle with her mommy.

2. She is somewhere between a baby and a toddler, so I feel like I am getting the best of both worlds. She still has plenty of baby fat to squeeze and kiss, yet she is totally intrigued by the world around her - just as a toddler should be.

3. She is an observer. She will watch Kenzie carefully as Kenzie puts on bracelets and a purse, and then as quickly as Kenzie puts her stuff down Jordyn jets over to try on the bracelets and does her best to try and pull the purse over her head. I love watching her because she isn't quite super coordinated yet, so it makes for a very entertaining process to watch. As soon as she accomplishes her feat, she looks up with a smile ready to have her accomplishment celebrated.

4. She is sturdy enough to really play with now. As soon as I am down on the floor and wrestling with Kenzie or chasing Kenzie around the house, Jordyn is right there to be apart of the action too. Her favorite thing to do is head-butt your closest body part and laugh a hilariously deep belly laugh.

5. Finally, I love to watch her little personality really establish itself. Jordyn has shown that she is a determined little lady. She does not stop trying until she gets it. She'll get a little bit frustrated, but she doesn't stop. The kid also loves people. She can be sick and yucky feeling and as fussy as can be - give her a room full of people to watch and she is chill and content.

So there you go, five of the many reasons that I love having a one-year-old in my little house.