
" A good woman knows that she does not have enough time, energy, or opportunity to take care of all the people or do all of the things her heart yearns to do. Life is not calm for most women, and each day seems to require the accomplishment of a million things, most of which are important."
Sister July B. Beck
Relief Society General President of the Church of Jesus-Christ of
Latter-Day Saints.
As I sat down to plan for the week today I rapidly found myself advancing towards a good panic attack as I stared at my completed to-do list. My mind came back to these words from Sister Beck in the most recent general conference and I quickly calmed down as I recognized that this is the righteous lot of all women. We all have much to - we must therefore be careful about what we do do.
The "to-do" list can become an obsession if I let it. Everything on that list is important. But studying the scriptures, having family prayer, sitting down and reading a book with the girls, have a little wrestling match for no good reason, and saying a prayer to calm myself in a flustered moment - these things are not on the to-do list; yet, they are among the most important tasks of any day.
Thank-you Sister Beck for helping me to remember that if nothing gets crossed off that list tomorrow because calming down a one-year-old teether and making meals for a hungry family consumed the majority of the day - then I have actually had a VERY successful day after all.
3 comments:
Amen to that. As the end of school is approaching, sometimes I get overwhelmed. That is good to remember.
Amen!
One of my favorite talks this last general conference, filled with multiple awesome quotes!!
Post a Comment