Its nice to know that I am not the only mother who feels so completely exhausted that my eyes sting, my body aches, my throat hurts, I can cry at the stupidest things, and my under eyes are a permanent shade of purple.
Its nice to know that I am not the only woman who can get so frustrated with an energetic, crazy toddler that I just want to shake her at times; and then that I am not the only mother who would then burst into tears wondering if I am a horrible person for feeling so angry with such a little person.
Its nice to know that I am not the only mother who feels completely stretched out at times. Between my toddler's needs, my newborn's needs, my husband's needs, the houses needs, and the apartment management needs, it can seem impossible to even remember what my needs are.
Its also nice to know that someone else knows how it feels to just want FIVE MINUTES to yourself to just go to the bathroom, answer a phone call, or send an email.
Its nice to know that there are other women out there who WANTED this and CHERISH this even though it is the most exhausting, frustrating, confusing, and demanding job that one could ever have.
My girlfriend Heather was in town all weekend and it was just nice to chat endlessly and remember that I am not the only one going through the demands of being a mother to young children. I'm not the only one who loves this job one moment and is so frustrated with it the next. Women need women so that we can share and feel the comfort of knowing that if you've felt it or done it, then there is someone else out there who has felt it or done it too.
2 comments:
I'm totally with you on this. Its comforting to talk to women, especially when your husband just can't understand, no matter how hard he tries.
I often wonder why women were created this way and men the other way. You know? You think it'd be so much easier if they were blessed with the ability to talk and share like a woman can. Either way, the thought of "someone else has gone through this, most often multiplied by 10" gets me through the most difficult of times. I'm so glad to read your thoughts on being absolutely elated, then absolutely frustratingly frustrated two seconds later. Thank you for pouring your thoughts out, it is really helpful for me to KNOW that someone else too gets frustrated with their toddler (sometimes i feel like the only one!)!
Post a Comment