A few insights into the joy, confussion, love, and sometimes the frustration of motherhood.
Tuesday, October 13, 2009
Frustrations
Kenzie is starting to show signs of not wanting to take naps in the afternoon and it is really freaking me out. She has been great about staying in her big girl bed up until two nights ago. She now gets up and walks out of her room several times and NOTHING seems to work. The night before last she didn't go down until nine because she kept thinking it was a game to get out of her bed over and over and over again. I'm going a little bit insane partly because mommy time is necessary and also because my management job is extremely demanding lately; basically, an hour or two of naps in the afternoon is something I have come to depend on to get by . . . I want to try and transition Kenzie into having "quite time" in the afternoon if naps are something that she really doesn't need anymore. The thing is that the attention span of a two and a half year old doesn't seem to coincide with a quite time each day? I think motherhood is a never ending stream of problem solving. Let's see how creative I can get this time . . .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
UGH!!! Jack isn't taking naps either and he's younger than Kenzie! At least he's still confined to his crib. Good luck!
I suggest bribery. I transitioned my guy to quiet times by rewarding him with a Starburst if he stayed in his room the whole time his 1-hour CD was on and if he was somewhat quiet (maybe I told you this). He forgot to ask for the Starburst after awhile and we slowly got rid of the treat until quiet time was just part of what we do.
These days I'll often let him watch a TV show afterward if he has a good rest. I also sometimes have to threaten him not to come out unless he's, "hurt, sick, or needs to use the potty." Good luck!
Post a Comment