I didn't think I would have to post about messes again, but Kenzie has given me plenty reason to do so . . .
This morning Jordyn woke up at 5:15, after I got her back down I decided to take a shower rather than lie back down. As a result of my early morning shower I was quite exhausted by the time I had gotten Kenzie fed, bathed and ready for the day. So, I turned on "Dash" and went to lie down in my bedroom.
After about thirty minutes of napping I hear my daughter right next to my head whispering "Mommy, Mommy". I open my eyes to the most incredible sight I have ever seen. The child was CAKED with diaper rash cream. Every inch of the left side of her face was completely covered, each of her legs had a generous helping, and her left arm was also completely caked in cream. I walked out into the living room to find the carpet, her little chair, and the television covered as well. It was horrendous! I must say I was quite upset at the sight of it all and the necessity of cleaning it up. I keep finding new spots to clean as the day progresses.
I know I will FOREVER regret having not taken a picture, but the camera was in the room the baby was sleeping in and she was close to the end of her nap, so I didn't want to risk waking her up and have her screaming her head off while I had to deal with Kenzie. It didn't occur to me until it was too late that I could have gotten the video camera, but I was a little too frazzled to remember that.
Before I could even say a word about the mess, Kenzie was pointing at the chaos saying "no, no!" THE CHILD KNEW SHE WASN'T SUPPOSED TO DO IT! UGH!
My first attempt at cleaning the mess was baby wipes, but they hardly did a thing. So, we headed to the bathroom for yet ANOTHER bath. I tried to lather up lots of soap suds in order to get the blasted stuff off, but that didn't work either. We ended up resorting to good old fashioned scrubbing. My child's skin was red by the time I had gotten it all off and she was wailing at the top of her lungs. By this time I was dreading the attempts to remove it from her clothes and the carpet. I scrubbed at the carpet for fifteen minutes and its still plastered to the floor. I am PRAYING that the carpet cleaning man will get it out. Plus, I am really bummed about the cute outfit I had her in. I need to stop buying cute clothes and just let her look like a hobo child so that I don't care when this happens . . .
The best was that just as I was getting the mess somewhat cleaned up the baby woke up for a feeding. Well, that little stinker fell asleep while feeding and over fed herself; so, we all knows where the extra food goes - ALL over mommy, the floor, and the rocking chair. NONE of the spit-up got on her? It was by far one of the worst spit-ups I have ever experienced. I had to change all of my clothes (underwear included) and wash my hair again, not to mention more scrubbing of the floor and the furniture.
Oh boy! What a day! It's only 10:30 and I am going to take the day off. Kenzie can watch WHATEVER movie she wants, have WHATEVER snacks she wants, and I am going to rest WHENEVER I feel like it, and I am going to try really hard not to feel guilty about the pile of laundry that I was wanting to tackle today and the toys that are now scattered ALL over the house. We were going to attempt an outing today, but I must say I just don't feel like putting all the effort that goes into getting out the door with an infant and a two year old.
In the midst of the messes I was texting my family about my crazy morning and my dad reminded me that many years from now I will look back on these times as some of the best in my life . . . we'll just have to wait many years to see about that! :)
Lesson Learned: No matter how toddler proof you think the house is you are absolutely wrong!
2 comments:
Oh Stephanie, that is one colossal mess!!! But you're right - I bet you'll laugh about it later. (Um. . .much later)
As soon as you turn your back they get into something!!
Post a Comment