Kenzie has had many different obsessions over the past year of life. It all began with Elmo. Anything Elmo was a reason for great celebration. She would jump up and down, raises her little pudgy fists in the air and shout "Yay Elmo". Well, from Elmo we went to Dash, and her most recent obsession is any Mary Poppins song. I must sing "Let's Go Fly a Kite", "Supercalifradalisticexpealidocios", "I Love to Laugh", and "A Spoon Full of Sugar" at LEAST ten times a day.
We've also had our obsessions with different treats. There was once a time when Goldfish were our staple food. We've since gone through fruit snacks, pirates booty, and we are currently on those cheese and peanut butter crackers.
Then there are some obsessions that aren't quite as convenient. There was that week that Kenzie was obsessed with the toilet paper. When the house got quiet, you could be sure to find her in the bathroom happily unrolling all of the toilet paper on the role. A few weeks later she observed daddy getting a bloddy nose and noticed that he stuck little pieces of toilet paper up his nose. Well, she decided to try the same thing. We spent a few weeks in a row in which I was pinning her down on the ground with a pair of tweezers extracting little balls of toilet paper from WAY up in her nose. There was also once a time when unfolding any bit of laundry was an absolute must. And now, the kid has an obsession with string. Yes, string. Any bit of string that she can get her hands on she EATS. We are passed the obsessive stage of everything goes to your mouth. She KNOWS the difference between food and all that other junk that a baby thinks to put in their little mouths. For some strange reason, string is in the eating category of Kenzie's little mind. When she notices string unraveling from a sock, a blanket, or an article of clothing, she promptly helps to unravel the stitches and eat them. Yesterday we found a piece of string on the floor and I asked her to throw it in the garbage. She ran into the other room to throw it away - or so I thought. She quickly entered the room again pointing at her little mouth saying "garbage, garbage". The worst is what goes in, must come out and I have pulled some pretty long string out of this kids little bottom! Well, we will keep working on it and hope that this obsession will pass as quickly as the others . . .
1 comment:
I can't believe that the string comes out the bottom. I mean, I know what goes in must come out--but I can't imagine finding stuff in Laura's poop! You poor thing!
Post a Comment