1. Last Thursday I left our house excitedly to go and pick up my fabulous little sister from the airport. I was a little bit worried when I left because I was just leaving the house when she sent me a text message that her plane had landed; but, due to some delays at the baggage claim I arrived just as she was stepping outside. I circled the SFO two times looking for my sister in much confusion. She said she was outside and I couldn't find her ANYWHERE. I was arguing with her about how the Southwest pick up area is at the front of the drop off and not at the end of the airport when it dawned on me . . . . I WAS AT THE WRONG AIRPORT!!!! When I left my house I thought that SFO was the only airport that existed, but there is a little place called Oakland that has an airport in it as well. This story wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for the fact that I am the one that booked my sisters ticket. And that's not the end of this little adventure. It all started the day that I booked the ticket. Apparently it's a bad idea to make dinner, talk on the phone, entertain two kids, and book a plane ticket at the same time. When you try to do all this at once your end up booking a flight for your sister who lives in Orem, Utah to DEPART from the Oakland airport to come and see you in San Francisco. Note to self - your sister who lives in Utah should probably depart from an airport that is IN Utah.
2. I was really confused when I ordered Garrett's Father's Day present a few weeks ago. The price was much higher than I had anticipated, but I really wanted to get him the gifts I got him. Not until the package arrived in the mail did I realize that I had ordered two of everything. That explains the higher price . . .
3. I'm usually a very organized person. That seems to have gone down the hill lately. I seem to forget everything. I have forgotten to bring the tithing check that is TAPED TO THE FRONT DOOR for the last three weeks now. I was in heaven a few weeks ago when I had Garrett with me down in Daly City running some errands. I had several things to return to a few stores. Well, only one of those things made it into the car and that stores didn't open until thirty minutes after we got there. (For those of you not familiar with San Francisco, some of the basic stores that I often shop in like craft stores, Target, and Home Depot are about a twenty to thirty minute drive away - depending on traffic) And don't ask me to remember something simple like what we had for dinner last night, because I probably couldn't tell you that either.
4. Finally, I feel like my ability to put my thoughts into words is completely handicapped. You know that feeling of "It's on the tip of my tongue" - yea, that's pretty much a constant these days. I can't remember the names of my neighbors that I have lived next to for the past two years, and I can't try and describe a great restaurant that I went to last week. I feel like people are always looking at me with a confused look on their face when I am holding a conversation with them because I can be so confusing . . .
Maybe one day these dead brain cells will come back. I figure that I am so preoccupied with being a mom that something has to go out the window at one point . . .
1 comment:
It does get better, I promise. But there are days when I wonder if my brain will ever be what it once was. I totally relate to the "tip of the tongue" issue. Even simple words seem to be just beyond my grasp.
Post a Comment