Thursday, August 11, 2011

The Price For Sleeping In

Some mornings it takes a lot for me to get out of bed - most particularly those mornings that come after multiple midnight greetings from the kiddies.

Kenzie is my little morning bird and wakes at the same time each day regardless of the previous nights lack of sleep. She has begun to get pretty good at entertaining herself while mommy gets a little bit more shut-eye. She ONLY interrupts me about every ten or fifteen minutes with requests to wipe her bottom, make her breakfast, or generally complain at my length of sleepiness.

I should have known better when my mornings sleepiness went uninterrupted a few weeks back. When I finally rolled out of bed, I walked down the hall to be overwhelmed with the fumes of nail polish. I laughed with gratitude when I saw that the decorating was limited to these fifty cent garage sale shoes and that my walls and carpet had been spared. The weeping and waling were quite elaborate when I informed her that they would have to go in the garbage because mommy did not want to scrub them down with nail polish remover . . .


1 comment:

Christine said...

Ha ha ha! The small miracles, eh?