Monday, August 15, 2011

Slowing Down

little miss busy body

I'm a busy body. I always have been. I tend to make the mistake of connecting my self-worth to the completed check marks on my to-do list. Anyone else have that problem?

Nothing like a good quote from President Monson to bring things back into perspective today:

"Give your child a compliment and a hug; say, 'I love you' more; always express your thanks. Never let a problem to be solved become more important than a person to be loved."
("Joy in the Journey" BYU Women's Conference May 2, 2008)

That was a good little kick in the pants for me. I am certainly guilty of getting so caught up in getting a chore or project done that I can easily get frustrated with the constant needs of the girls that interfere with completing just about anything from beginning to end in one sitting. The past few days as I have made efforts just to say "I love you" more often I have definitely seen a change in the feelings of our home. Funny how three little words can have so much influence.

1 comment:

Christine said...

Such good advice. You and I are so much alike. I love reading your posts.