Friday, August 19, 2011

Why?


I knew that children asked a lot of questions. Truth be told, it is one of the things that I love about kids. Their peculiar questions can be quite thought provoking and funny at times. I tend to encourage questions as much as I can. I just don't want my kids to be afraid to ask questions.

So, I was prepared for the question asking phenomenon; but, as is true with all things mothering, I wasn't completely prepared.

Kenzie and I have been working on "good why questions" and "bad why questions" as of late. Let me cue you in on the "good" variety:

Why is the rain falling?

Why does that smell funny?

Why are we a family?

Then there are the "bad" types that usually go down like this:

Mom: (We are trying to scurry out the door) Hey Kenzie will you go sit on the potty so that we don't have accidents when we go out today?

Kenzie: (with that whining irritated tone that seems to indicate that I have made an insanely awful request) Why mom!?

No comments: