My favorite bits of the potty training business would be the following:
1. Sorry Hillary, you said not to blog about this one, but I just can't help myself . . . Last night Kenzie's friend Sarah was over, and Kenzie was showing those definite signs of needing to do her serious business in the bathroom. I caught her just in time to have her whisked away to the bathroom and placed on the pot. No one is allowed in the bathroom while Kenzie is doing her thing, so she quickly instructed Garrett to leave and let her be. So, Garrett returned to our company in the living room and told her to let us know when she was ready to wipe and wash her hands. (Which usually consists of her screaming out that she is ready to wipe at the top of her lungs - I'd be quite surprised if our whole apartment building isn't aware of our current potty training adventures) Well, we all got a little caught up in some adult conversation before we realized that the house was a little bit too quite for two year olds. We went into the bathroom to find Sarah with a fist FULL of toilet paper ready to help her little pal out . . . now THAT is friendship. :)
2. Kenzie feels that her sister should be potty trained as well. Anytime I change a poopy diaper of Jordyn's, Kenzie tells sister that she is "icky" and should put her poo-poo in the potty. Kenzie often insists that sister go and sit on the potty when Jordyn is showing the obvious signs of making a mess in her diaper. I am just hoping that I don't find Kenzie trying to put Jordyn in the toilet one of these days . . .
1. Finally, Kenzie feels the need to celebrate mommy's potty training abilities. Anytime I am getting ready to head to the bathroom Kenzie inquires about whether or not I need to poo-poo or pee-pee in the potty. As soon as she hears the toilet flush and I make my appearance out of the bathroom, she is there to congratulate me with one or all of the following: a hug, a high five, or a "Hooray for Mommy" while she jumps up and down. She knows going potty is truly something to celebrate . . . even when you are a twenty-three year old mother of two.
1 comment:
Oh my goodness, that is SO FUNNY!!!
Post a Comment