Um, what do you do when your two year old is asking to sit on the potty about every thirty minutes just because she wants a treat? We won't give her a treat unless something is actually deposited in the toilet, but we never know if she actually has to go to the bathroom, or if she is just in search for a "teet" (treat). Yesterday I got frustrated with the whole process of stopping whatever I was doing every thirty minutes to sit with her in the bathroom. So, after the twentieth request to sit on the toilet I told her, "You don't have to go potty, you just want a treat". Well, a few minutes later she had a dirty diaper and I was frustrated that I hadn't let her use the potty when she asked!? I guess this is just another test of patience . . .
Potty Training Tip: Just let the kid run around in their diaper and t-shirt all day. This makes getting onto the pot SO much easier. You don't have to unbutton the pants, take off the shoes, take off the socks, and then undo the diaper. (Unless your child is okay with letting their pants sitting around their ankles, my child is NOT okay with this scenario.) As soon as we walk in the door from an outing I just take off her pants, shoes, and socks so that I am immediately ready for the familiar cry of "ensie wet in potty" (Kenzie go wet in the potty)
1 comment:
Potty training has been one of the most frustrating things about parenting for me. We tried everything with Brendan and nothing worked for more than a few days. We too ran into the "I just want a treat" phase. I stopped giving treats. Finally, after months of changing tactics, I just put him in underwear or let him be naked and took the "there's no turning back" approach. I think it was mostly that he was truly ready this time but it worked. He still has accidents but they are few. Regardless, it was a LONG, tedious process. I feel for you.
Post a Comment